





Ok so check this out. It's been almost a week since we returned from Disneyland and I am just now getting to that point where I can sit down and collect my thoughts on the whole experience. Mostly it's because of the Mickey induced braincloud I have had for the past few days. It's the reward for hauling 3 kids down to Cali and spending $3 for an apple just to make it through the morning.
So what did I learn from our trip? I learned the Walmart umbrella strollers are cheap. Ours broke before we even hit the park. I learned that a Veggie burger can sustain you for about nine hours before the IHOP comes to the rescue. I learned that the cars of the future won't go very fast. Oh and I learned that if you really want to bond with your family, cram everyone into one hotel and make that your home for four days.
But the funnest thing I learned is that my kids have a brave streak in them. Yes, they may be afraid of the occasional dog or cat, or even those "Rolly-Polly" bugs, but when it comes to a fast ride in a dark room (a. la. Space Mountain) or a trip down raging rapids, they do not fear the unknown.
So, what was my favorite part? Easy. The best was sitting next to the kids as the ride is about to get good. We had so much fun getting prepared for the exciting unknown ahead of us. Maybe that's an analogy for life.....ok maybe that's just why people like roller coasters. Whatever it is, I like it.
Tips for those thinking of making the trek.
Favorite rides:
Mine- The rapids ride in California Adventure
D's- Space Mountain (a classic for her)
V's- Splash Mountain
S's- Buzz Light-Year Astroblaster ( I rocked this game!!)
The kids were able to earn Disney Dollars for the trip by doing extra jobs and such, which was really good for them. Disney Dollars can be purchased at Disney Stores or online.
A friend gave us a good idea of buying some Disney items before the trip and surprising the kids with them throughout the week. This was nice because they got souvenirs at half the cost.
7 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm so glad it well - besides the stroller and missing shoe. My favorite was the rapids too. Your blog is so fun to read! You write really well! BUT I noticed we are missing from your links. What's up with that?!?!
I love Disneyland! There is so much to see and do! I am so glad you guys had fun and got to spend the time together! There is nothing like a family vacation!!! We are glad you guys had a great trip!
love,
Becky (0:
Smile
Dave, your kids look so cute and I'm glad they enjoyed the trip. When we went in December '06, my then-almost-eight-year-old said one day, "This is the worst day of my life." She said that in the happiest place on earth.
Now that I'm back to work, we'll have to do lunch sometime.
Glad you loved all the Disney fun, can't wait to hear more about it! Vanessa looks like she is in heaven standing next to a "real" Princess!
You guys so needed an awsome vacation. Disneyland is a great place to have fun and go broke:) Glad to see that all is well and you make it home safe and sound. Hope all is well with the health of your family.
Disneyland is so much fun! There is something about Disneyland that makes strollers break. Every time we go (once a year) our stroller breaks. Last time the wheel broke off. It was fun for Aubrey to see the pictures of you kids, she misses them.
I cannot believe you guys came out here and didn't even call us! We're only 45 minutes from Disneyland! We're glad you had fun. You're family is beaufitul and C is quite the miracle.
Post a Comment