What better time to write a blog then when you are waiting on your wife to have her Glucose levels tested. She just drank a delicious looking orange drink (makes me really want a Sunkist right now) and so now we wait.
A couple of days ago my morning consisted of the hour long drive up to Salt Lake for Cameron's check up. This isn't one of those turn your head and cough check ups but one that involved a chest X-Ray and an EKG. The X-Ray's are now a traumatizing thing for my poor boy thanks to good ol' Dad (me). A few months ago he needed one done at Timpanogos Hospital. Well, for little kids who don't sit still they put them in this strange contraption that locks them into a sitting position with their arms over their heads. Well, to make it not so scary Dad (me) started calling it "The Spaceship". So for about 10-20 minutes Cameron screamed at the thought of having to go in The Spaceship. Now every time we go to the hospital he immediately tells me "I don't want to go spaceship". Thankfully Primary's doesn't use The Spaceship. It was also nice that he got two stickers including a really cool Ironman sticker. If you have read Deb's blog you know how much he likes Ironman. That's right, my 2 yr old likes Ironman (and no I have not shown him the movie...yet).
Oh so back to the visit. I am happy and relieved to report that Cameron still is as healthy as can be with surgery not needed for another few years. We took a survey recently that was studying his condition (because it's so rare) and they asked if he is as active as other 2 yr olds. Well as I've been writing this blog he has thrown several balls down the stairs, retrieved them, and thrown them down again. He has also fallen off the bean bag (very gracefully I may add) twice and jumped right up.
We are so blessed to have this boy (and yes the other two are amazing as well) in our lives. He truly is a reminder to us every day how special life is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad you guys are ok! And I am so happy to hear how Cameron is running around like my little M. Children truly are a gift!
And I hope that you got your Sunkist because that orange stuff at the drs. is a little on the yucky side!
Glad to hear all is well.
I am glad to know that Cameron doesn't need surgery for a while and that you guys are doing ok.
If only you could TASTE those darn glucose drinks. Makes you never want a Sunkist again. It is so very, very concentrated. Congrats on Cameron doing so well and thanks for quite the laugh with the spaceship. Love it!
Dave! Remember that once when we were co-workers? How are you!! Glad to hear the good news about Cameron!
Post a Comment