Thursday, April 23, 2009

What's important

I had plans to make my next blog entry a discussion of Tweeting and how far communication has come from the Pony Express days. It would have been very insightful, trust me. Instead, last night, my basketball game started a chain of events that were far more important.

Even before I was sweating the night away at my Wednesday game, I was instructed by my wife to have the phone close. "just in case". Well in the middle of game 8 or 9 the phone rings. Amid the chuckles and comments I stop the game to answer the call. "I think this may be it" she says.
After getting home we made the call to my Dad to come watch the kids. He arrives, we leave.
At Timpanogos Hospital the monitoring begins. The contractions were short, but very painful. Painful enough to convince the doctor on call to make the decision to perform the C-section today.
So at 6:15 the doctor comes in, quite an upbeat guy I may add, and carts my wife away to the O.R. Meanwhile I get a brief chance to reflect, and since we hadn't slept all night, I doze off in the 4 minutes I had to sit and prepare.

After getting decked out in the new throw away scrubs I head over to meet up with Deb. The procedure was quick and painless...well for me. But at that moment, when I saw his face, his wrinkled body and mussed up dark hair; I knew what was important.

Our baby boy is here! Four days earlier than planned, and we still have some preparations to do but we couldn't be happier. Mom, baby, older siblings, and even Dad are doing well. What a surprise it was for our kids to wake up with a new brother. He is well loved already.

Enough talk..here is what we're all waiting for...the photos. Enjoy.

17 comments:

Kelli said...

Congratulations!!! Marla and I are loving the pictures of your very cute baby boy! Good luck! Keep posting pictures, he's a doll!

Marla and Kelli

Anonymous said...

He's adorable!! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Awwww...congratulations!

Lori Sacks said...

Congrats!! He is so Handsome!! Let us know if there is anything you need or want... We love ya!! Let us know when we can come and visit you.

Robinson Family said...

What's his name? He is adorable.

Natalie said...

He's perfect! Congratulations, I can't wait to meet him.

Biz said...

Congrats!!!
I specifically am looking on your page for this information.
I miss you, Goodman.

Amy Craig said...

Deb, it was so good to talk to you. Baby Max is gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!!

cat+tadd=sam said...

Congrats! He's a doll! I had no idea Deb was pregnant! Geez, Dave, be a better friend!

Steph said...

Hurray! Isn't it more fun to have a surprise than on the scheduled day? Thanks for communicating! =)

JoandZac said...

Yeah! Way to go, Goodmans! I LOVE him!

studiocharm said...

Yeah!! Congrats and he is gorgeous! I am so glad to hear that things went well. I can't wait to meet your sweetie. We may meet our little sweetie tonight or tomorrow. The suspense is building! :)

Unknown said...

AHHHHHH He's GORGEOUS!! Really...I can't wait to meet this little guy! Congratulations Deb and Dave! He is one lucky kid to come into your family!

Becky said...

Nothin like a baby!!!! We are so happy for you guys!!! What an awesome day for you guys!
Please tell Deb that I love her and that I got her message!! I will call her and we can chat!
We love you guys! Congratulations!

Heather said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and so glad that all is well. Can't wait to see him!

Janet said...

Well, I can't say the same thing as everybody else, so félicitations! I can't believe how your family has grown!

Jen said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful and I'm so glad that all is well. Let us know if you need anything!