Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Missing flights and wrong turns

So what better time to blog then after missing a flight by 4 minutes. Note to world travelers, you must check in 40 minutes before on Alaska Airlines if you are checking luggage...not a second later. I'm here in Portland, OR which really is a cool city but has been quite the jinx for me. It doesn't help that almost every street is one way and hotel receptionists can't give good directions. It does help however to have a nice V-8 engine under the hood of an Impala to get you where you need to go a little faster (but not fast enough for Alaska Air).
I'm heading for stage 3 of my 5 stage trip. Eventually I will make it to San Francisco for another meeting with Young Living. I haven't had a chance to see much, as most of my time is spent in my room or an oversized ballroom. But hey..I can still say I've been there.

While I'm away the kids play. Here they are trying out our neighbors High School Musical game on the WII. Aren't they FABULOUS?
I sure miss all of them, but Deb has kept everyone relatively sane and has been very supportive as I try to find my way in this new job. Thanks Deb.

3 comments:

Amy Craig said...

Hey Dave! I must say that I am offended that the Craig blog isn't on your list. So, we don't matter now that we don't live in Kelvin Grove. I see how it is. Sorry about all of the traveling...doesn't sound like much fun. We miss you guys!You can check us out in KY at craigfamilynews.blogspot.com

Jason said...

Enjoy your time on the road. Enjoy a nice steak dinner on Young Living's tab if you can.

Becky said...

Dave,
Sorry about the flight. Oh the joys of flying! I hope that your impala will move a little faster next time!!!
You kids are so great and you have such an awesome wife who I totally adore!!!
We are going to miss you guys so much when we move!
love,
Becky (0:
Smile