Monday, August 11, 2008

Summer Days

Well I’ma gonna raise a fuss, I’ma going to raise a holla….cause this summer is almost over. The kids are getting ready to go back to school already. This has been quite the All-American Summer. Family Reunions, lemonade stands, water parks, Summer Blockbusters, and picnics. We didn’t quite get to all the things on our list of summer fun ideas but we made good strides and had a fabulous time.
Despite all that it’s nice the kids are actually excited about school and getting back to the books. Of course it helps when you have social butterflies like our kids (ok except for the fact that Lil C is afraid of girls his age).
Since the last blog when I missed my flight to San Francisco I’ve hit a couple of more cities. I’ve found wonders in cities I never expected, and the usual frustrations that come with trying to coordinate flights, car rentals, meetings, accommodations, and of course the occasional fun. Unfortunately the frustrations have far outweighed the fun.
I hope you were one of the billions of people who witnessed the awesome opening ceremonies for the Olympics. Of course being the rabid sports dude that I am I can’t help getting all worked up over a Water Polo match or even a two man rowing competition. Of course the obvious Olympic highlight to date was the men’s 4X100 relay race. Was that not amazing? If you weren’t jumping up and down about ready to rip your shirt off by the end of that race you just aren’t American…ok so maybe you are but you’re just not as insane as me. So maybe I see a swimming match a few times every 4 years but there is little doubt that was one of the greatest moments in American swimming in my time, if not one of the greatest moments in American Olympic history. Whew, I’m all pumped up now, gotta go watch another hundred hours of Olympic coverage.
This entry has gotten long and I haven’t even talked Dark Knight yet. That’ll have to wait till I catch it again, this time on the IMAX.

5 comments:

Goodkids said...

Miss you, Baby. Your post was most excellent, as always.

Deb

Jason said...

Nice to hear from you!

And, Dark Knight on IMAX kicks as..I mean, butt.

Steph said...

That was a great post! And we loved the relay also. Too bad that we missed most of the Opening Ceremonies! Good luck in your travels and I must say that you are an awesome dad and as always I'm impressed with what a great husband you are. You have a lucky wife! =)

Elisa said...

I always love reading your posts. You need to post more often!

Becky said...

I love the Olympics!!!! So amazing!