Friday, August 22, 2008

On the road again and again

The airport is a great place for reflection as there is absolutely nothing to do but sit and wait for a 40 minute flight from Dallas to Amarillo, TX. I've passed every restaurant in this terminal and they all have every Olympic sport except for the men's basketball game vs Argentina. Go Field Hockey...go Ping Pong...and some other obscure sport. As the Olympics wind down and the US medal count goes up I'm not looking forward to the post-Olympic depression. Gone will be the neverending stories of the Incredible Mr Phelps. Gone will be technical dialogue over what makes a good Floor routine. Beijing you will be missed...but hello London!!
Oh my gate just got changed..I gotta run.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, gotta love the obscure Olympic sports...

Tell Deb hi for me!

Elisa said...

With all that time in the airport, you'd think you'd be a blogging maniac!!! Have a safe trip. GO USA!!!

P.S. Watching a rerun of the USA/Argentina game right now!

Jason said...

Just wait for Jimmy Page in the closing ceremonies. That will be the highlight of the Games.

Krysta McClure said...

Olympic depression has sunk in at our house. . . We love Beijing!!

Becky said...

Rhythmic gymnastics are so best!!! That and trampoline!!! How did we like the double decker bus for London 2012?
Travel safe and hold tight to your sweet wife!

Unknown said...

We miss having you guys nearby. Deb are you going to the BYU game? I'll call you tomorrow. Heck I'll call you right now. Dave I miss the Olympics too, but I don't miss staying up all night because I don't want to miss anything. Sleep is good too.
ps I'm stoked for the fam reunion. It is gonna be fun for suresy.

Spread goodness. said...

I am so happy that you have a blog!!! I miss the Goodman's. I can not believe how big your kids are getting!
Cathy (Durfey) Clark

The Proctors said...

I loved watching the Olympics! It was amazing! I didn't even know you had a blog, this is fun, I get to blog stalk you now :). Really, it lets me know how you are doing. I am thinking that you travel a TON for your new job.