So, for the next few weeks I get to sit back and be a normal nine to fiver for once. After seven straight weeks of meetings, long flights, long road trips, and not enough kid time, I'm back. This is the first blog written from my home computer since July. I have logged enough miles to become a Silver Medallion member with Delta and have earned points with Hertz, Marriott, and Hilton Hotels. All this really means is that I'm obsessed with points hoarding and finding ways to get things free. Now, rather than just sitting in Coach class all the time, Delta dangles the hope of me getting bumped up to First Class and I always get so close but oh so far away. When it does happen, it's usually the short flight and I'm too exhausted to look upon the measly "Coachers" with any sort of haughty disdain.
The family continues to thrive. Ness brought home a phenomenal report card and improved leaps and bounds in her first year of soccer. Like with softball, she had her best game right there at the end. Sam has busted out of his shell and is a soccer stud. His moves are lightening quick but with the grace and artistry of a dancer. OK, so that was a bit much but c'mon, he is wicked good! Ol' Camsen (nickname) is talking about everything, but even I sometimes am not quite sure what he saying. He loves to don the Raiders helmet and give the Redskins helmet to whomever he can find that will play some football with him. Now that he's learned how not to put in on backwards, the games are getting pretty intense.






7 comments:
I'm glad you get to be home for a few weeks. I bet you (and Deb and the kids) are just loving it. It was GREAT to get to see you here in our hometown. We had a great time. Thanks for dinner and thanks for being so awesome!
Glad to hear you're still alive! We miss you at The Skinny!
I have that same picture of the wagon in Spokane! That was a cool place.
Tell Deb hi for me!
Great pics. You've been quite the traveling fool. Gotta love the Delta Member rooms in the airports. They're pretty nice. I'm so glad you get to be home for a little while.
Baby, no one is more glad that you wrote that from our home computer than I am! As always, the post made me laugh. Of course, YOU make me laugh every day. I adore you.
I love it! I am so glad you get to be home! I know your wife loves you tons and tons and wants to see you all that she can!!! We love you guys and are going to miss you guys, too. I want to keep reading from Iowa for sure!!!
Dude, where are you working these day?
Post a Comment